Website Dulwich College Beijing
DCB is a special place to be. The College has forged an excellent global reputation for being a warm, caring and welcoming community, and a rewarding place to work. DCB students possess a thirst for learning and are highly motivated every day. We wish to attract inspirational, talented teachers who love teaching and want to have an impact on our students. DCB is an exciting place to teach and learn. Winner of several international awards in the last few years, including the 2022 International School Award for Pathways to Continued and University Education and the 2019 International School Award for Creativity in Learning, the College is dynamic, collaborative and has the highest goals and expectations for its staff and students. The environment is one of trust and respect, with ideas bubbling from all quarters. To the right candidate, working here will be an extremely rewarding experience. DCB continues to offer teachers continuous professional learning and opportunities to grow. DCB opened in 2005 and has since established itself as a world-class school. The College’s current enrollment is 1570+. Our DUCKS, Junior School and Senior School – each having its own character – are aligned in their learning in an atmosphere full of fun and energy. Our school is located in Shunyi, around forty-five minutes from the heart of Beijing. The capital is a truly exhilarating place, with its cultural sites, ancient heritage and all the amenities associated with a large and vibrant city. From fascinating Hutongs to the many green spaces around the city, there is something for everyone. Beijing is an underrated city and our staff enjoy an interesting and safe lifestyle. We offer excellent professional development opportunities, along with the chance to work with passionate collaborative professionals from around the world.
Brief Overview of Role
We are currently seeking qualified substitute teachers and specialists. Candidates must be in Beijing, have excellent English communication skills, and hold a college or university degree. Pertinent teaching/work experience would be highly advantageous.
Note that we are able to employ substitutes who are on an S1 visa (dependent visa).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, safeguarding policies and reporting lines and procedures within the college.
- Take responsibility for upholding health and safety practices, completing risk assessments/near misses or accident reports as appropriate.
- Undertake student supervisory duties as required and necessary, ensuring effective ‘duty of care’.
- Supervising work that has been set by the class teacher in accordance with the school’s teaching and learning policy.
- Responding to any questions from students about process and procedures.
- Follow behaviour management policy and procedures, focused on positive behaviour and restorative solutions.
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
- Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of students during the class, and any issues arising.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues within the Junior School and across the college.
- Supervise students during break time or lunch time, in and around the school in the public areas.
- Supervise students during single day residential trips.
Qualification and Experience Required
- Bachelor or above degree is required
- PGCE or QTS are required or teaching license from UK countries or TESOL TEFL and CELTA are required
- PRC pensioner or Native English Speaker
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com